NHS Or Private Rehab?
Private residential facility is better treatment option for many people. Enrolment for admission is done within 24 hours. You will be able to access private rehab treatment if you have the funds to pay privately or if you have private health insurance. There is as well a possibility that you get an NHS admission to a private rehabilitation centre.
Who Can Apply For Rehab Funding With The NHS?
Addiction treatment option should be accessible to all the UK residents which is free at the point of delivery through the NHS at community based rehab or private residential Rehab. You may have to prove that you have explored local community-based treatment options first in order to qualify for NHS funding at a residential rehab clinic. Depending on the readiness of your local dependency team to fund your rehab, getting into residential treatment might take numerous weeks.
You can be referred to your nearest drug and alcohol action team by your GP.
Pros And Cons
- Relaxed treatment plan
- Fast turnaround admission process within 24 hour duration.
- One-location rehab continuity of daily procedures and care;
- Patients have similar staff members taking care of them during treatment period.
- Treatment will take place in an environment which is away from worries and temptations, so the patients can focus solely on recovery;
- Healing occurs in persons with shared goals between professionals and patients in the program.
- Family visits, phone calls and letters are put in place for smooth program running;
- Regularly give reciprocal treatments, for example, equine treatment, workmanship treatment, exercise centre and fitness;
- Aftercare programme;
- Costs more than treatment on the NHS;
- Not always protected by health insurance.
- Free of cost;
- Anyone can apply;
- Located close to home and family in the local community.
- Admission process takes a while;
- May not be referred to residential rehab;
- For different treatment program, patients may be asked or visit to go to different centres or clinics,
- Recovery may be affected by access to drug and alcohol and by life distraction.
- You get more limited access to personal therapist;
- We provide the same staff and specialist throughout our treatment session to our patients.
- Building an outpatient support network may be more challenging.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
NHS Elective Cross Border Treatment
It may take months in organising admission into a private rehab clinic via the UK NHS or local addiction services and the result is far from certain. Funding through the EU cross border healthcare directive is however possible to gain a much faster access.
For UK based patients all information about that option can be found on the Alcohol Rehab Belfast site.