Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction Rehab
The most difficult preliminary stages in the road to recovery involve accepting that one is addicted and agreeing to pursue a rehab programme. Fear of the unknown usually keeps many away as they are not sure of how they will fare throughout the treatment programme. We give answers to some of the questions you may have regarding the addiction treatment at a recovery facility.
The more you know regarding addiction rehabilitation - such as what to anticipate when starting a treatment programme, the duration of the programme, and costs linked with the programme - the less challenging your road to recovery can be.
What Is Addiction Rehabilitation?
A rehab is a structured treatment programme with the goal of assisting people who are battling with dependency. In rehab, addict's work at having a sober, happy life.
What Recovery Treatment Entails
Dependence recovery treatment is custom-made to the requirements of every person. The actual treatment will use a variety of procedures including blood cleansing (detoxifying), peer or individual counselling sessions, avoiding setback instructions, and maintenance after the rehab to make sure one remains sober.
- Detox Detox is an essential part of early treatment. Amid detox, the body frees itself of the harmful impacts of drugs or liquor. As much as there are differences in the detox programme based on the nature and severity of addiction, most of the withdrawal symptoms are actually discomforting and could be lethal too. The cleansing programme under the monitoring of qualified medical personnel significantly reduces the dangers withdrawal symptoms can present.
- Substance Abuse Therapy After detox, rehab continues with behavioural therapy. In trying to identify the reason that led to drug taking and addiction, one-on-one or group counselling are offered to the patients. A treatment programme also teaches an individual on how to recognise high-risk circumstances and triggers, and devise skills to prevent a relapse to maintain abstinence.
- Post-care As an individual proceeds with the recovery, and approaches the end of a rehabilitation treatment programme, the employees will work together with the individual to devise a suitable plan for aftercare. This may incorporate some mix of care groups, continuous treatment and calm living game plans, if necessary.
What Is The Time Required For Recovery?
All patients require differing amounts of time to recover fully. A lot of places have 30 day programs. any case, a few people advantage from longer treatment projects, for example, 60-day, 90-day, or considerably longer-term treatment at private or inpatient treatment centres to additionally create and keep up an unfaltering recuperation way. When deciding on the suitable duration of treatment, treatment experts will consider the history and seriousness of the dependency, particular substances taken, any co-occurring mental, medical, or behavioural issues, and the mental, emotional, physical, social, spiritual and cultural requirements of the person.
According to research, individuals who spend three months or more in treatment programmes enjoy a better chance of long-lasting abstinence. Longer programs manage the cost of the chance to concentrate on the underlying causes and practices behind the addiction and more opportunity to improve calm living practices.
Does Rehab Cure Addiction?
Addiction could be properly managed, even though it has no definite cure. Irrespective of the duration of the addiction, alcohol and drug dependency recovery does not stop after the individual concludes the rehab programme. To recover from drug use is a continuous, long-term procedure. Dealing with enslavement includes figuring out how to explore through everyday life without using and includes diligent work plus commitment.
Addiction Rehabilitation Vs Addiction Recovery
Rehabilitation assists people to learn how to deal with substance cravings and to get through difficult phases when the impulse to relapse is powerful. What's more, it can teach individuals skills to get them ready for the daily battles of recovering from dependency, and how to deal with the circumstances or the people that might have added to or aggravated the issue with the substance to begin with.
However, group or individual therapy sessions may be needed for complete healing, and may be coupled with support group gatherings or 12-step attendance. A few people observe extra exercises to be important for supporting their progressing recovery. Some of these activities are yoga, art, meditation or exercise.
There are different types of after treatment care, depending on the treatment programs, while some of them will sit down with the patient to design one before the completion of treatment, in the bid to ensure total healing. As a matter of fact, according to research continuous participation in an aftercare programme is linked with fewer relapses.
What Happens When One Relapses
Relapse should always be regarded as one of the stumbling blocks to be uprooted in the bid to defeat addiction completely, and not as a failure. A relapse can be seen as a chance to reassess where you are and to get back into a program to get the support you need to continue on being sober.
Countless people who are battling with dependency stay more than once in a rehab before they can establish their secure position on their road to recovery. The main individual who can deal with your compulsion is you and recovery will help you construct the abilities important to care for balance.
Is Rehab Expensive?
Fixation restoration projects can shift significantly in cost. Top of the line luxury programs tend to charge more for additional services and exceptional accessibilities besides, at times, higher staff to patient proportions.
Because of the fact that the medical treatment experts in the inpatient facilities are permanently in the house, and patients live in the facilities too, the cost is always higher than that of the outpatient programs. The programs offered by outpatient programs vary and can include highly structured intensive programs, weekly group and individual therapy sessions, and support groups.
The cost of rehab could be affected by such factors like
- Facilities offered - This includes all of the things that can help the process of recovery, like gourmet food, private rooms, animal therapy, acupuncture, yoga, or massage.
- Length of program - The cost related with a treatment program is essentially dictated by the duration of the stay. All these things are covered by the therapist who takes you for the registration so you can work out how long you can afford to stay.
- Geographical Area - A centre located in a luxurious environment can be more expensive than a traditional treatment facility. Transport to the venue may also be an item cost in the bill.
- Sort of program - Residential rehab programmes involve the patient living at the facility for the duration of the treatment under the care of medical staff round the clock, this, of course, costs more.
Rehab Costs Vs Addiction Costs
People might be deterred by how much treatment will cost, but it's important to remember that there are a lot of costs of addiction. The costs of addiction are many
- The cost of medications
- Loss of income through loss of work
- Legal penalty fees
- Medical accounts for mental/physical health problems linked with dependency
Broken relationships, sorrow, and ill health are just some of the other "costs" of addiction to the user.
Is Insurance Welcomed?
Yes, in most places, insurance is accepted as a means of payment for rehab treatment. The acceptance of insurance depends on each facility's policies. Your insurance plan might pay for only a part of your stay at the rehab, therefore it is key to study your particular insurance plan before being admitted to a drug rehabilitation programme.
Where insurance will not cover the total cost, you can negotiate alternative payment plan options. Some other financial plans and sliding scale payment systems that reduce the burden of one-off payments may be offered by the program or facility.
Should I Receive Treatment For My Addiction Locally Or Away From Home?
Majority of addicts being treated for addiction move to facilities far away from their homes. This is advantageous at times on the grounds that it expels clients from their home surroundings where they misuse drugs or liquor.
In such a distinctly isolated area, those going to recovery can completely concentrate on their dependence issues, free of outside diversions or allurements from work, family and companions.
For those attending outpatient programmes, it might be better to go for one nearer home. A close by rehab centre can help you strike a meeting point between your home chores and treatment programs to avoid much stress on you.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Choosing Between Inpatient And Outpatient Treatment?
The difference between inpatient and outpatient facilities include the charges, duration of the programme and treatment involved including the structural and amenities the facility offers.
The rehab centres that deliver 24-hour care from medical experts are called inpatient facilities. Clinic based inpatient administrations have restorative staff available in all circumstances, while most private recoveries will give intermittent services from healthcare experts, when required. Both these types of inpatient centres call for a patient to reside at the centre itself.
An inpatient program allows the patients to fully immerse themselves in recovery and treatment with 24 hour care. As a patient is taken away from the stress of his/her everyday life, he/she is frequently better equipped to deal with his/her addiction problem.
A rehabilitation programme can cover group therapy, one-on-one therapy, medication-assisted treatment, and corresponding therapies like outdoor activities, meditation and animal-assisted therapy.
Inpatient rehab centres are always sought by people who suffer some co-occurring mental and health issues, multiple substance abuse and chronic addictions. It might also be a great resource for individuals who have completed previous rehabilitation attempts (either outpatient or inpatient) and have in the meantime relapsed.
Outpatient Addiction Rehabilitation
Patients are allowed to attend therapy, treatment sessions and other programs from their home in outpatient facilities. This lets people continue to have their normal home, work, or school life while working on their sobriety. People with mild addiction, or at the onset of a substance abuse and those with home and work commitments they cannot get away from are best suited for this type of arrangement.
Outpatient programs vary from centre to centre. In some cases, therapy can last a whole day while in others just an hour or two. Because of the less number of medical staff and the reduced hours of direct care involved, inpatient facilities are costlier than outpatient programs. There is no need for patients to pay for the 24 hour care because they can get home after treatment each day. Numerous protection arrangements may cover a few or the greater part of the cost.
Call us today at 0800 246 1509 to talk about your choices and learn more about the differences between these treatment structures. Let our recovery arrangement agent's answer any inquiries you may have with a specific end goal to help you choose what sort of fixation recovery office bodes well for you and your needs.
Do I Risk Losing My Job When I Attend Addiction Treatment?
You may think you are in danger of losing your job if you go to rehab, the risk is higher if you do not and mess at work. Your employer may already have a tip-off about your situation if you are suffering addiction to substances. Continued substance abuse and not seeking help will eventually catch up with you as the addiction affects the way you work and sooner rather than later it cannot be hidden.
While there are several laws that protect your right to get treatment, using any substances at work is legal grounds for termination. You have a right to treatment and cannot be fires as a consequence for seeking treatment.
How Can I Get The Time Off I Will Need To Go To Rehab?
Inpatient programs will necessitate you take time off from work. But, there are things that can help you with this process. Some of these options are
- Employee Assistance Programs A voluntary Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is a program from your employer that can give you confidential assessments, counselling, and treatment referrals at no cost to you.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Numerous bosses present to 12 weeks of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which permits you to take unpaid time off without influencing your health care coverage, keeping in mind the end goal to look for treatment for a therapeutic condition that meddles with your capacity to finish work associated tasks Addiction falls in this classification, so it could be valuable to comprehend what your organization offers.
- Paid Time Off Another alternative for removing time from work to get assistance with substance misuse is to just utilize serene vacations, beat or individual time to get rehab support.
- Executive Rehabilitation Facilities If you have a lot of work demands and have to stay actively involved in your job, executive rehab centres can help you stay involved at work while attending an inpatient rehab in a luxurious, 24 hour care facility.
- Outpatient Treatment Finally, an outpatient programme offers another possibility for treatment for any person who cannot take time away from his/her work or home and who might require a more cost-effective option than an executive rehab. Those battling with serious compulsion or backslide issues, in any case, would be very much served in scanning for private treatment alternatives that can offer more escalated 24-hour attention.
Methods of treating addiction as a staff are numerous, and they will definitely make your life, your job, and your health better.
Luxury Treatment - What Is It?
Luxury rehabilitations involve treatments at top notch rehab facilities and in a more comfortable environment. To ensure the highest level of privacy for patients, these rehabs are situated in secluded locations. A luxury rehabilitation facility may provide holistic programmes, gourmet food prepared by expert chefs, adventure therapies, and advanced recovery therapies.
Luxury rehab is the common choice for high level executives, celebrities, or public figures because of the amenities and privacy and the likelihood that they will be surrounded by the peers, but anyone can go to one if they have the means to afford it.
How Can I Find An Addiction Rehab Program?
When under pressure to look for a suitable rehab facility, it may seem like a daunting task, but, there is help available to see you through and answer your queries along the way. Call us on 0800 246 1509 and talk to our rehab placement counsellor to help you in assessing available treatment programmes for yourself or a loved one, or if you would like to compare available options.