Getting To Know About Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapies have become an important part of the battle to stay clean since they've encouraged many people to live healthier lives by changing their lifestyles.
Holistic addiction therapies utilise the methods of non-medicinal recovery, which are used for complement treatment practices of the traditional variety. The purpose of holistic recovery is to bring the spirit, body and mind into sync.
Checking the diet and regular exercises with reflections are used to achieve the positive effects of holistic therapy.
The techniques of holistic medicine concentrate on the general person's health through traditional physical treatment of addiction is also present.
Some of the other practices include
- Tai chi
- Spiritual therapy
- Routine exercise
- Proper nutrition
- Psychiatric counselling
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Overcoming Drug Dependency Using Holistic Therapy
In holistic therapy programs, addiction treatment methods that are not medical are applied based on an individual's needs. Holistic doctors treat not only symptoms of mental and physical addiction but also nutritional and emotional problems.
Patients recovering from addiction may experience sleeplessness, poor nutrition and stressful feelings - all those aspects successfully overcome with the help of holistic therapy. The plans offered by holistic therapy are flexible and are catering for the requirements of every individual.
Among goals of holistic medicine are the following
- Find out the psychological issues behind the addiction
- Building up a resistance to drug cravings
- Promoting physical fitness
- Give the patient their self-confidence back
- Dull the attraction of the addictive substance
Categories Of Holistic Therapy For Addiction
Holistic therapies may be anything from exercise to meditation and involves various approaches to living a healthy life.
Some Holistic therapies include
- Therapy For Nutrition
- One requires being healthy in body to recover from other afflictions.
- Embarking on a healthy diet helps the addicted patient start on the recovery journey.
- It is not too late to start taking a good nutrition.
- Recreational Activities And Sport
- When exercises are done every day, they help harden to labour, decrease tension and make the body more powerful.
- In holistic therapy, this is one of the main practices that should never be avoided.
- The activities may vary from one centre to another but some holistic therapy centres are offering rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding or hiking.
- A clear mind is essential for recovering addicts who are looking forward to overcoming their addiction.
- In holistic therapy, taking part in reflection is one way through which you can stop the urge to using the drugs.
- Some meditation practices offered include yoga and tai chi to aid in remaining focused and clearing the mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- Massage is frequently applied within holistic approach to treatment, because it helps get rid of stress and tranquilize the body.
- Use of drugs for a long time can cause imbalance to the body and acupuncture can be used to help restore this balance.
The best holistic therapy plans are based on established approaches to addiction healing. Quitting alcohol and other central nervous system (CNS) depressants can produce severe withdrawal symptoms that need professional medical supervision.
Common techniques which are paired when using holistic methods includes
- Medically supervised/assisted detoxification
- All-inclusive medical treatment
- Personalised mental health counselling
Many addicts who are looking forward to recovering also to attend twelve-step groups like Narcotics Anonymous And Alcoholics Anonymous for the emotional support they need.
Finding Holistic Therapy Facilities For Addiction Treatment
A number of drug rehab centres offer holistic therapy as part of their inpatient and outpatient treatment programs. The philosophy behind holistic therapy is simple. It aims to locate and maintain a balance in all aspects of life and is compatible with various addiction treatment methods. In assisting addictive, patients learn how to cope with stress. Yoga works well with Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). Knowing what to do during an emotional moment helps in assisting the patient not to go to the solace of drug or alcohol.
Professionally worked into the treatment program during detox and in treating psychological cases, holistic therapies can provide invaluable support in reducing the degree of the problem. Many rehab centres all over the country offer their treatment programs that can be changed according to specific requirements.
Call us now on 0800 246 1509 to find a drug rehab centre which also offers holistic therapy.